Ben and Hannas Trip 2007

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Meals & Working!

Well Hello again all. Sorry that they are so few and far inbetween! We have just finished working our 64.5 hour week this week. Working holiday my butt... Theres no holiday here! Ben keeps reminding me that its worth it in the long run. Im yet to see! So the photo above is of us having our lunch on Friday. We get fed really well here. We start work at about 10:15am, as we are setting up we all have a bowl of cereal or toast. (Yes ma i have found Lacto milk here!) The pub opens at 11am and the locals pile in for their pints almost straight away. A couple of times they have been waiting at the door for them to open. That is what i call ALCOHOLICS! hehehe. Then food gets served from 12 til 2. We clean up and get em out and the pub closes at 3pm. Then we get to have our lunch at about 3:30ish. See the photo below!
This was my lunch on Friday. It was a Lamb and Gravy Stew. Was quite Yummy. And i have done well in eating most of what is put on my plate. So Dad and mum Peck, you dont have to worry that we are not geting fed well enough!!!
While we are on our breaks, the boys usually find something to occupy themselves with. Here you go Justin, This is all the golfing practice Ben is getting. They play each other on Microsoft Golf and it takes hours. this photo is of Ben, Mark our manager to his right and Jay to Marks right. i took this photo and was told to go back to sleep. Beck and i generally sleep after lunch until about 5:45pm, then we start work again at 6pm. The pub opens at 6 but we dont serve food til 6:30pm. Food finishes at 9:30pm and the pub stops serving drinks at 11pm. the locals hang around forever so Beck and i usually head off to bed while Ben & Jay wait for everyone to leave. I will get a pic of Ben behind the bar for you all as living proof that he actually does work now... hehehe! Na he is really good at pulling beers and talking to the customers. The locals are weird and will take a little to get use to. Ben thinks they suck!
Well we have the day off tomorrow so hopefully we will go and do something fun so you have some cool pictures to look at.
Love you all. Night!

4 Comments:

  • At 9:08 PM, Blogger Debbie said…

    Good to hear you guys are eating well and being looked after. The work bit sux tho! At least you know it's just temporary.
    I'm glad you're getting in heaps of sleep, Han. U have to keep rested because u know what happens when you work too hard and too much! Your health suffers.
    I'm still a bit jealous tho! I could see Neil and I doing stuff like that.
    The locals sound like an interesting bunch. I hope they're nice to you!

     
  • At 1:21 AM, Blogger Erin said…

    Excellent! you found lacto milk! ow when i am on MSN with you we can actually have hot chocolates together!
    Work sounds hard, but you will see the benefits later - as you said to me on the phone, you already appreciate your job here alot more!
    The meals look great! I should send Kirk over! He has gotten home from USA in one piece - he went to Disney Land! Ill email you some pics.
    Love you and look forward to seeing what you get upto on your day off! (good to see that you set up "anonymous" blogging!)
    e.

     
  • At 7:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey. Sounds like a right ol' laugh. 64 hour week!? What the stuff!? I may be crazy but that seems like a lotta hours to me. But that's me.. Adam the slacker. It does sound like you're having a really good experience. Working in a country pub. What's your email address?

     
  • At 8:24 AM, Blogger mavz said…

    Hey U guys...
    Glad to see ur havin' such Fun there... good to see they let U work a " Short Week"...lol
    I warned U about those " Pebble Beaches"....didn't I.. :P
    The idea of painting the house PINK, is so when they stagger home from way after " Stumps", the owner can find his house in the dark....coz they ALL look the blooody same....lol
    " Oi.!!! dat tiz mi ouse.. tird down from da sickly pink 'un, but on da udder sid, if ya know wot I mean like"
    Ans as Deb says. I toooo am a little jealous..as I could see Deb and Neil doin' that, whilst I sit on the other sidde of the bar, enjoyin myself.hahahaha
    take care you guys.. keep up the golfing practice Ben :P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home